Monday, February 21, 2011

Time to Acknowledge a Sick Brother, and Extend well-Wishes!




Well, I usually check Pastor Mike's blog, and was surprised this morning to see his latest post recounted his admission to the ER (at the hospital where he works). This also explains, however, the lack of blogs since Feb. 9, where he usually at least has one up per day.

I would have liked it better if he'd actually found a way to email me (like he did our middle brother, Jerry) but seems I am more on the outs with him than in, perhaps because I often actively blog against his stances - wherein he attacks other folks, religions, beliefs or non-beliefs. Call it a brother thing, or maybe it's just some dynamic that plays out between the two of us.

Anyway, time now to at least put these differences behind for now, and so I am putting up this Blog 'Get Well' card which I know he'll see as he checks this blog, like I do his.

My hope is that this latest incident serves as a reminder that life is too short to continue these internecine sibling battles over....whatever.....religion, god belief, the Bible. I am not asking him to be my "friend" here, since in earlier posts he's made it clear born again biblical folk don't make friends, even with siblings - if those latter are perceived to be unsaved types.

But - since I happen to know (according to Mike's definition) that Jerry is one of those unsaved types too, I'd at least expect Mike would normalize his sibling relationship with me on the same level as Jerry. (Resuming email contact, etc..) I will even lay off him in any manner of blog attacks, criticisms, etc. if he can manage that.

We will see. Anyway, for what it's worth, Mike, I am thinking about you and DO hope you return to health in the very near future ...whether that means more blog religious wars and scuffles, or some semblance of peace.

No comments: